Marriage is a practice common to all cultures in all ages. It is, therefore, a natural institution, something common to all mankind. At its most basic level, marriage is a union between a man and a woman for the purpose of procreation and mutual support, or love. Each spouse in a marriage gives up some rights over his or her life in exchange for rights over the life of the other spouse. The Catholic Church teaches that marriage is:
- Free: it is entered into freely by both individuals.
- Fruitful: it is a union of opposite sexes open to the birth of children.
- Faithful: excludes a union with any other person so long as the marriage exists.
- Forever: a lifelong union, ending only with the death of one spouse.
- As California’s attorney general, Harris submitted a brief in the ongoing litigation over Proposition 8, the ban on same-sex marriage enacted by voters via a 2008 referendum. Among other things, Harris’s brief confirmed what she had said as a candidate and as attorney general-elect: Her office would not defend Proposition 8, by then a matter of state law written into the California Constitution, in court.
- Harris was among the first elected officials to officiate a same-sex “wedding” in 2013.
- 12 Reasons to Fear Kamala Harris Becoming Vice President — and Likely President
- WATCH: Priest Proclaims Joe Biden is an Embarrassment to Catholicism
- Fr Jordi Rivero: Elections in USA 2020 – A Decisive Moment (Elecciones en USA – un momento decisivo)
- WATCH: Courageous Priest Speaks The TRUTH About Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Intellectually Honest Catholics Will Recognize Biden is Bad on Everything
- WATCH: Cardinal Burke Says Joe Biden Should Not Receive Holy Communion
- Why More and More Catholics are Walking Away from the Democratic Party
- Trump Ambassador to Catholics Rips Joe Biden as ‘Fake Catholic’
- The Biden Platform Runs Contrary to Catholic Doctrine
- 14 Things Catholics Should Know About Kamala Harris